Pick a number. Write it down.
It is just that simple.
I use a post-it note.
You can use your planner, your Google calendar or a good old-fashioned to-do list.
Each week, pick a number of connections you intend to make.
Who should you choose?
- Did you like a blog post you read?
- Is there a former co-worker that you can’t get out of your mind?
- Was there a comment on a discussion thread that interested you?
- Did someone on Facebook peak your interest?
- Do you have a stack of business cards in your desk drawer? (okay- I know you do!)
- Does someone have a business similar to yours and you are thinking she might make a great collaborator?
Identify your 2 or 5 or 10 people and reach out.
You can connect with them on social media. Send them a personal message via email. Or here’s a crazy idea- actually pick up the phone and call them! So many options.
Start connecting! Isn’t this what business is all about?